What is TPN?
TPN is the abbreviation for Tulip Promotion Netherlands. The foundation was established by over 500 tulip growers. They combine, to create the global promotion of the tulip.
What does TPN?
TPN promotes the tulip by organizing various promotional activities annually. The greatest activity is National Tulip day. On the 3rd Saturday of January the Tulip season starts, traditionally. On this day the tulip growers organize a real tulip garden with over 200.00 tulips, were tulip fans can pick their own bunch of tulips, on Dam Square in Amsterdam
Why does TPN do that?
The tulip growers draw tulips in various ways to the attention of consumers and stimulate sales of the tulip. Tulips give joy and that’s what the growers love to share!
Who are we?
Tulip Promotion Netherlands has a steering committee, which is responsible for the foundation and its activities. The steering committee consists of:
- Arjan Smit President (Smit Flowers)
- Sam Veldboer Treasurer (Hybris)
- Bas Karsten Secretary (Rainbow Colors)
- Gerard Reus (G & K Reus)
- Joost Wesselman (Wesselman Flowers)
- Stef Ruiter (J.C.J. Ruiter-Wever)
- Simone van Tol Market Management & Secretarial (FloraHolland)
- Ivo van Orden Communication advice B2C (Flower Council of Holland)
- Jacqueline Doornekamp Project Management (Concept Factory)
The Steering Committee meets approximately four times a year to discuss the plans to determine progress, to adjust, to evaluate and to control the finances.