What is TPN?
TPN is the abbreviation for Tulip Promotion Netherlands. The foundation was established by over 500 tulip growers. They combine, to create the global promotion of the tulip.
What does TPN?
TPN promotes the tulip by organizing various promotional activities annually. The greatest activity is National Tulip day. On the 3rd Saturday of January the Tulip season starts, traditionally. On this day the tulip growers organize a real tulip garden with over 200.00 tulips, were tulip fans can pick their own bunch of tulips, on Dam Square in Amsterdam
Why does TPN do that?
The tulip growers draw tulips in various ways to the attention of consumers and stimulate sales of the tulip. Tulips give joy and that’s what the growers love to share!
Who are we?
Tulip Promotion Netherlands has a steering committee, which is responsible for the foundation and its activities. The steering committee consists of:
- Arjan Smit President (Smit Flowers)
- Joost Wesselman Treasurer (Wesselman Flowers)
- Bas Karsten Secretary (Rainbow Colors)
- Gerard Reus (G & K Reus)
- Sam Veldboer (Hybris)
- Stef Ruiter (J.C.J. Ruiter-Wever)
- Geert Laan (Laan Tulips)
- Anja Jansze (De Tulperij)
- Henny Bruggeman Projectmanager Tulip (Royal FloraHolland)
- Sandra Balk Projects and Online Communication (Creatizz)
- Paul Ras Projectmanager (Sense marketing & more)
The Steering Committee meets approximately eight times a year to discuss the plans to determine progress, to adjust, to evaluate and to control the finances.