TPN is the abbreviation for Tulip Promotion Netherlands. The foundation was established by over 500 tulip growers/breeders. Together they promote the tulips worldwide.
TPN promotes the tulip by organizing various promotional annual activities. The biggest event is National Tulip day. On the 3rd Saturday of January the Tulip season traditionally starts. On this day the tulip growers/breeders organize a real tulip garden with over 200.000 tulips, where tulip fans can pick their own bouquet of tulips, on Dam Square in Amsterdam.
Tulip growers/breeders promote tulips in various ways to stimulate sales of their flower. Tulips give joy and that’s what the growers/breeders love to share!
Tulip Promotion Netherlands has a steering committee, which is responsible for the foundation and its activities. The committee consists of:
- Arjan Smit President (Smit Flowers)
- Joost Wesselman Treasurer (Wesselman Flowers)
- Bas Karsten Secretary (Rainbow Colors)
- Gerard Reus (G & K Reus)
- Sam Veldboer (Hybris)
- Stef Ruiter (J.C.J. Ruiter-Wever)
- Geert Laan (Laan Tulips)
- Anja Jansze (De Tulperij)
- Henny Bruggeman Projectmanager Tulip (Royal FloraHolland)
- Sandra Balk Projects and Online Communication (Creatizz)
- Paul Ras Projectmanager (Sense marketing & more)
The Steering Committee meets approximately eight times a year to discuss the plans to determine progress, to adjust, to evaluate and to control the finances.